With over 200,000 electric vehicles on the road, EV charging points are quickly becoming a must have for every commercial building, petrol station, car park and new-build housing development.
Here is what you need to know about electric vehicle charging…
- The electric vehicle market in the UK is growing, and it’s growing fast.
- Electric vehicles have lower carbon emissions, are cheaper to run and have reduced or no vehicle excise duty on zero-emission vehicles.
- For every new electric vehicle sold, a new EV charging point must be installed.
- There are 3 different types of EV charging: Home, Public & Workplace charging.
- Workplace charging points help make electric vehicles viable for business users with longer commutes and can be installed in the companies car park or off street parking.
- Grants are available to purchase electric vehicles and install EV charging points.
- 36 million electric vehicles are expected on UK roads by 2040.
- Installation of EV charging will soon be a key differentiator amongst workplace competitors as drivers will actively seek out places where EV charging is available.
To make the most of the EV opportunity, become an early adopter by calling 01536 514254 or request a quote now.